Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Senior Year is so Close

I can taste it. I truly can. I'm honestly ready to be done with this school and close the chapter on my high school experience. I'm just done. First year was great, second year went downhill, this year is just a drag. I've found some great friends and I love them dearly, but I want out of this town and school.

I feel that too many people here are judgmental and racist. I know it might not be much better, but this place is just getting too much. I'm ready to be out there in the world and do what I can to help others. I'm ready to be a part of something bigger instead of sitting in here and learning some things that I may never use for the rest of my life. I just feel like so much pressure is pushed onto high school students that many of us are burning out before senior year. I know I'm like that. It started last year and I was only a sophomore! Its just too much at times and I wonder how some of my friends can survive knowing all they're doing and what classes they are taking.

I guess part of me is itching to get my teaching license. I'm hoping to go to other countries and teach there for a year or two. Who cares if I won't know anyone or if I won't make that much money? I don't. I think it would be a rewarding experience in itself. I feel like I'd be able to make a slight change in the world. Who knows how big, but a change none the less. Maybe I'd journal about my experience and publish that for others to read about my life and discoveries. I'd go to the different festivals of that country and immerse myself in its culture. I'd hopefully pick up on the language a bit.

I don't know. This is just something that I've recently been thinking about a lot. Is it what I'm supposed to do? Hopefully it is. Quite honestly, I know I was supposed to start this blog to blog about psychology stuff for my project, but I have no clue what to talk about. I have no clue what else I could do for my project either. I felt lost from the beginning and stayed lost. The project needs to be done by Monday, so hopefully I'll have somewhat of a decent enough job for her.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the subject. I've had high hopes for this year, like maybe I'd get invited to do more things, but nope. Not really. Anyways, I have to go to my next class.

Lessthanthree,
Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment